Financial Planning and Performance Reporting
- Led senior management monthly discussions regarding progress towards goals, developing plans for remedial action and profit improvement initiatives for company with $3.4 billion in annual sales. Developed management reporting focusing on key performance indicators in product profitability, inventory, receivables, manufacturing efficiency and G&A expenses as well capital asset management.
- Simplified the data gathering process for presentation of quarterly results without sacrificing analysis quality.
- Organized and implemented a six month action plan to revamp major corporate control policies in concert with COSO (the directional source for Sarbanes/Oxley) . Reduced average policy development time from 1 year to 3 months. Aligned policy development process with executive management interests and improved staff productivity seven-fold.
- Streamlined the procedures used to track smaller projects eliminating excessive controls and saving $100,000 annually.
Capital Proposals - Project Management Office
- Managed capital appropriation and control process during $2 billion improvement program.
- Developed 40 proposals exceeding $10 million covering the major facets of a $2 billion capital program. In addition to numerous smaller proposals, prepared and reviewed 1,000+ requests exceeding $100,000.
- Redesigned capital project approval process and clarified the financial impact utilizing PC spreadsheet skills for associated ROI analysis.
P&L / Cash Management
- Managed $40 million/year in expenditures and cost-sharing agreements as department controller, technology architect and IT leader.
- Subsidiary controller including creating cash flow forecasting models along with and systems management.
- $100 million department controller including accounts payable, purchase accounting and cash forecasting.
- Renegotiated contracts for an on-going project which reduced annual costs by one-third ($1 million).