Decision Support Systems
- Listened to client needs, defined solutions, defined dimensions, measures, and provided user training on OLAP based systems using Hyperion, Business Objects, SAP BI/BW, TableauSolutions, and Peoplesoft EPM.
- Developed management reporting using Hyperion focusing on key performance indicators in product profitability, inventory, receivables, manufacturing efficiency and G&A expenses as well capital asset management.
- Led team that developed CRM system for US and international sales order processing, integrating with inventory, manufacturing, shipping and tracking, invoicing, credit and financial reporting systems. Changed process reduced warehouse inventories by 20%.
- Established project goals, needs assessment, resource requirements and project resource plan for $2.5 million introduction of a new technology for end-user reporting and analysis, thereby reducing both the business unit and IT costs to maintain multiple and diverse solutions.
- Inspired and led a $10 million cost containment initiative by initiating process change, leveraging technology investments and renegotiating contracts.
Policy, Procedure and Controls Development
- Organized and implemented a six month action plan to revamp major corporate control policies in concert with COSO (the directional source for Sarbanes/Oxley) . Reduced average policy development time from 1 year to 3 months. Aligned policy development process with executive management interests and improved staff productivity seven-fold.
- Streamlined the procedures used to track smaller projects eliminating excessive controls and saving $100,000 annually.
- Modified accounts receivable and payables processes for improved internal control through separation of duties and other practice improvements.
- Prepared capital project post-audits to evaluate achieved results and make recommendations for process improvement.
- Coordinated review of accounts, systems and controls with internal and external auditors with focus on controls improvement.
Project Management Office (PMO) Expertise
- Created and managed project management systems including commitment encumbrance and funding controls for research, equipment, construction, litigation, information resources and other administrative projects. Reorganized program management (PMO) staff and improved systems that eliminated a five-week information lag and saved $100,000 annually.
- Created the process and proposal development templates for evaluating project goals, needs assessment, resource requirements, financial analysis, ROI calculation, risk assessment and compatibility with strategic plans resulting in 97% of the proposals being approved as presented. Over 300 proposals were prepared annually covering proposals from the functional areas of manufacturing, IT, R&D, Marketing and other administrative areas, including fifteen proposals over $5 million requiring board of directors' approval.
- Developed and evaluated one thousand project proposals ranging from $50,000 to $10,000,000.
- Managed financial planning and reporting, contract negotiation, litigation and legal systems development, network and infrastructure, facilities and workstation support, and personnel. Renegotiated contracts saved $1.5 million annually. Inspired and led cost reduction initiatives by leveraging technology investments, revising organization and processes to save an additional $2.5 million.
- As a project leader, established project goals, needs assessment, resource requirements and project resource plans to develop CRM system for US and International sales order processing, integrating with inventory, manufacturing, and other systems.
Project Management Experience
Peoplesoft v8 Financials, Human Resources and Supply Chain system migration - $40 Million
Oracle 11i Financials with Manufacturing Purchasing and Inventory implementation - $5 Million
Imaging and collaboration network - $2 Million
Customer Relationship Management (USA and International) - $10 Million
Hyperion and Business Objects data warehouse - $1.5 Million
Project Cost Accounting system - $750 Thousand
Project data mart - $50 Thousand
Customer support (tier1 - tier3) business process evaluation - $20 Thousand
e-commerce business application - $60 Thousand